Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Brother and Black Tar


I remember when I was growing up and how difficult it was to deal with heroin. It just did not seem like an easy thing to do and most people were getting addicted to it. I saw as my brother started to get addicted to smack and just was unable to get out from under the problem that was taking over his life.

He realized what was going on, but the addiction was to a point where he could not get over it and this was killing him. He wanted to get out of the bubble that he was in, but the heroin kept dragging him in.

I think this was a part of my life that went by like a blur because I was always taking care of my brother and the issues that he was going through. I always wanted to be there for him, but that was easier said than done considering the issues that we were dealing with at the time and how we were looking to get over it. This might have been easy for someone else, but I wanted to make sure that I could have done it. It seemed near impossible to do so, but I continued as long as I could.

Eventually, my brother was able to go into a quality addiction treatment system that was taking care of him and even got him out of the problem that he was dealing with. It was sad to see him go through these issues, but I realized that this was part of life and that I had to deal with this problem for as long as I lived.

I just wanted to make sure that I was going in the right direction.  I never wanted to get caught up in that stuff and I never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment